Subject: Re: Speed Razor
From: [email-masked] (Mark Thompson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 14:00:41 EST

[email-masked] writes:
> I need a PCI expansion chassis, I'm out of slots.

This is an huge old problem.

> Know of any that don't cost tons?

I've only seen one, and it was $2k list.

> Also, I'll need to get a sound card, Paul said you're using an Ensonic
> card. Do you have any sync problems over time?

Both Paul and I are using the same card, Soundscape Elite from Ensoniq.

> how many channels will it support? 

Not sure actually. 4, 8, something like that. It does the job for now
until the DPS sound board becomes available. But that will require
yet another full length PCI. As you may have guessed, PCI slots are
at a premium. Some new motherboards are coming down the pike that should
help out in this highly problematic area. My choices for motherboards
are more dictated by PCI slots than speed or cost.
     *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
     *           Mark Thompson                  (603) 424-1829    *
     *         Fusion Films, Inc.             [email-masked]  *
     * Director of Animation and Special FX                       *
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
     *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
     *           Mark Thompson                  (603) 424-1829    *
     *         Fusion Films, Inc.             [email-masked]  *
     * Director of Animation and Special FX                       *
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
--
[email-masked] (Mark Thompson) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]